Good Thursday AM,
Bonds are up slightly on the day and the news that was released today was mixed. The most important release was the weekly jobless claims and those did beat expectations, this is bearish for bonds. At the moment it is all about tomorrow’s non farm payroll release tomorrow. As expected, we have remained flat this week as most traders do not want to commit until they see those numbers. Markets are expecting tomorrows BLS report to share new jobs at 665k. Last month was 900k+. It is tough to bet against this number and even if it misses to the downside, I think the benefit (rate improvement) will be muted. If we miss to the upside, rates will jump. I would not recommend floating into this release but of course, that is an individual call (I am sure with me saying this, now the odds are that the market will improve). Best recommendation is to lock and float down on any substantial improvement.
Want to know where to buy property? Here are the top 15 in-migration markets:
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA
- Lakeland-Winter Haven, FL
- Myrtle Beach-Conway-North Myrtle Beach, SC-NC
- Las Vegas-Henderson-Paradise, NV
- Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL
- Port St. Lucie, FL
- Jacksonville, FL
- San Antonio-New Braunfels, TX
- Deltona-Daytona Beach-Ormond Beach, FL
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX
- Stockton, CA
- Cape Coral-Fort Myers, FL
- Phoenix-Mesa-Chandler, AZ
- North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, FL
- Greeley, CO
If you are wondering what it might have been like to be in the eye of Hurricane Ida, a few sources shared The eye of the storm WOW!
Please remain safe and healthy, make today great.